Thursday, June 10, 2010

Alone, not lonely.

Ever walked into a cafe at lunch time to see a fellow sitting at a table having lunch by himself? His face sullen as he munches on his food. Once in a while you'll notice him stare at the surroundings for a few seconds then return to his food. Ever felt sorry for that guy?

I don't. I am that guy. & you should keep your distance.

That person having lunch ALONE is not friendless. Does not have BO issues, & isn't an embarrasment to society. That person is perfectly fine. Quit feeling sorry & quit staring! He looks sullen cause if he smiled through out lunch, men in white coats will be waiting at the door. He looks up once in a while cause he doesn't want a neck cramp.

Most lunch time, I like to sit ALONE at a cafe or restaurant. I love some quiet time for myself to just enjoy my own company & what ever I'm chowing down. It's not the quietness from sound that I crave, cause eateries are very (very, very) noisy. It's the quietness from people talking to (sometimes at) me.

Having lunch ALONE is my way of getting as far away from nagging problems. Not my problems, but my friends. Notice how all the stupid relationship problems comes out at lunch time? Don't believe me? During today's lunch, you go seat youself next to a bunch of ladies eating together then eavesdrop on what they have to say. If I am wrong, most probably that moment they're more interested to discuss what their kids are up to (e.g. 1st swear word, location of tantrums, breast pump malfunction, etc.).

Anyway, there was once when I was quitely enjoying my McDonald's Ayam Goreng Spicy, a lady (who was rather ignorant of my situation) placed her food tray on my table & sat down. She said, "I couldn't find a place to sit." I was boilling mad at this intrussion of my happiness, but smiled politely anyway, picked up my tray, & sat at the bar stool to continue eating. You can have my table, lady, but you ain't getting my 'moment'.

Some of you might find my action rude, to me though, she was rude. I wanted to be ALONE. She doesn't get that because she's LONELY. In her desperate attempt to not be seen eating ALONE, she intruded my space. What she doesn't get (what a lot of people don't get), is that being on your own doesn't make you a loser. Losers are people who can't survive standing on their own 2 feet. They constantly need 'support'. A sad requirement that was inherrited way back since highschool. People, please grow up!!

If you're in a clingy click, remember one thing, you can't take your friends to your grave with you. (Unless you're burried in a mass grave, but then again, you don't have a say about whom you'd like beside you.)

2 comments:

  1. totally agree with you. eating alone doesnt mean you are a loser. eating alone definitely is better than eating with bad company :D

    cheers dude

    ReplyDelete