Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SCANDAL

Sometimes, some things can't be screamed out loud. So, what should you do?
Write a blog!!!

This is exactly what I'm doing right now. I'm stuck in an office with so much non-work-related things/ruckus/drama going on, yet I can't be ranting bout it in the open. (Hey, I have no plans on losing any charisma at the office so early in my career. I've only been enjoying work life for a tad bit more than 3 years. I need all the good graces here :-D)

Today's rant rage theme is: SCANDAL!!!

According to my handphone's dictionary, scandal means: something that is considered shocking or disgraceful.

The scandal that I'm talking bout here, the one that has been plaguing the office since offices were invented, is the silly love game people play in their office past time. The love affair between people that shouldn't be in a love affair together.

I guess it's the thrill of going against the rules that sets people in motion. The excitement of being involve in a no-no. Or just perhaps the pride of having something to brag about other than the usual mundane office life, one like mine J

That one person with the mundane everyday life I'd like to rant about, is my next door (cubicle) neighbour.

Married for 6 years with two cute & cuddly kids, a steady career at the office and having no monetary issues at all.. unlike some of us (Me!), Mrs. Guthal still needs the high of being involve in a scandal. Not one, but a few scandals at once. I dare say she's a serial scandaler! Haha..

She brags about it. She'll repeat the same story to me about how that college ex is willing to leave his wife & kids should she get a divorce from her hubby. Then she'll tell me that she hates how he still isn't over her. But, what I find inconsistent in her story is the fact that she'll be talking on the phone (office phone!!!) with him for hours at a time. Hey, if you want a person to bug off, shouldn’t you NOT be answering his/her call at all? Trust me, it works that way. But that's just one guy she's scandalling with.

Then a few months ago, Mrs. Guthal, teary eyed, told me her husband is working on his own little scandal on a community forum portal. She got really upset. She also said that they had a major hubby-wife fight about it. She was totally devastated that he was disloyal to her. At that moment I feel like giving her a bitch slap, then tell her straight in her face,"DUH! Isn't that what you've been doing all along? Serves you right bitch!"

But, living in a peaceful Malaysian community where everyone respects each other, all I could do was offer my shoulder to cry on. Sungguh tak ikhlas.

However, ladies & gentlemen, Mrs. Guthal is not an atoned person. She's at it again, adding another scandal to her pride & glory wall of lust. Now she's secretly dating an officemate (Come on!!!). A married officemate. Married to an acquaintance. Sheesh..

The same modus operandi. She'll tell me how uncomfortable he makes her feel, how much she hates the fact that he's always trying to touch her when they're in a discussion (work related (?!!)). But, she'll waltz into his cubicle for chats. I thought she wasn't comfortable? And yes, they've been having lunch dates now. Even tea dates after 5. They'll text on weekends. Bluergh~

This time, I only have one word to say to her, "YUCK!"

If you find yourself in a scandalous relationship, try NOT to brag about it to your little officemate. I might be a good secret keeper, but I wont reserve any respect for you. Nope, I wont be crowning you Mother/Father of the year no matter how well you care for your family. Scandals just break that.

Go get a hobby. Start a blog! Hua3….



That is a story of only ONE scandaler at the office. There's many more. I guess people think I'm so sweet I don’t mind listening to their retarded love story. Kesian saya!

No comments:

Post a Comment