Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ouch!

My rating this year sucks. I’ve always been those high flyers at the office. For three consecutive years I was the golden child. This year, I’m nothing.

What happened? I guess I’ve lost my appeal. I don’t shine anymore. Probably I’ve gotten rusty & didn’t realize it. No one wants to fight for me anymore. I guess no one remembers me today.
There’s no one to blame really. I’m not going to blame myself either. I’ve done nothing wrong. I did my work as usual, mingled the way I’ve always had & kept the image I’ve always projected.
Is that the problem? The fact that I’ve been the way I was since day one?
Should I morph just to spike up my ratings for next year? Will I be comfortable doing that? Or should I move to a new territory, be myself & hope that my old self will shine the new frontier?

I’m at a loss for words. No, I don’t want to blame anyone. That’s so typical & I’ve never been typical. I’m much better than that to be playing the blame game. I hate it when people do that. Blame the boss or colleagues for their own failures. I’ve always believe that every outcome of your life comes from you.

So, what’s next?

I don’t want to sulk. I guess it’s back to the earlier question, stay & polish or leave & discover?

Tough one!

No comments:

Post a Comment